Welcome to CPCSG - eliminating the fear

Personal Health Check


Because prostate cancer can exist without symptoms, we believe that all men over the age of 50 should routinely ask their GP for a Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) test. Once you reach this age, your doctor is obliged to arrange a test for you.


If you notice any of the following symptoms then you will need a check up.


I need to urinate frequently, particularly at night

I am bursting to urinate but the flow is slow, difficult or painful

It takes a long time for my urine flow to start and I dribble when I try to stop

I have seen blood in my urine or semen

I have felt pain when urinating or ejaculating

I feel that my bladder has not emptied properly

I have pain in my lower back or upper thighs or pelvis

I have a strong family history of prostate cancer

I have difficulty in getting and keeping an erection

I have noticed a change in my bowel habits


If you notice any of these symptoms, you should immediately see your GP.




If you are unlucky enough to have prostate cancer, your chances of a cure are vastly improved by early diagnosis and treatment.